Family Picture

Family Picture

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Accepted into the Program

We received word yesterday that we were accepted into Holt's Child of Promise Program(China).  The next step is the home study process and preparing the documents for the Dossier to be sent to China.  For the home study, I had to gather atleast 20 documents.  For the Dossier, it seems to MUCH more.  Every document for the dossier needs to be notarized, and authenticated by the state.  I am a bit overwhelmed with the prospect of all of this, but I know it will get done.  How am I going to get my supervisor's letter notarized, or my medical form notarized?

We meet with our home study agency on Dec 30th and I should know more about how the process will work.  Pray that I have the diligence to obtain all the forms I need and that I complete them accurately. 

Holt International's China Child of Promise is a expedited process(12-18 months) for children with minor special needs that are correctable.  Some examples include: cleft lip/palate, minor heart conditions..etc.

Although adoption is a costly matter(to the tune of about 30K), what we really need is your prayers.  Please pray for the process as it is a difficult and lengthy process.  It will mean LOTS of paperwork, LOTS of time, LOTS of waiting and LOTS of money

Thank you for joining us on this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment