Family Picture

Family Picture

Sunday, February 13, 2011

A boy and his haircut, generosity and necklaces

I have been trying to type the majority of this post for days but to be truthful, I am in PANIC mode over the home study visit.  It's next Monday, as in 7 days from now and I'm so behind.  I have LOTS to do.  I know it will get done, but please be in prayer for us over the next days. 

First, up is R(2)

He used to look like this:



Now he looks like this:

I REALLY didn't want to do it..but I realized that when today someone called him a 'her', eventhough he was dressed in the identical outfit as his brothers that it was time. I will miss you baby curls!

We will be selling these necklaces over the next month, as we still need to raise about $5500 for our home study fees and Dossier fees.  Thank you to all those that have purchased one. Here is a description: "The Karamojong women create these beautiful necklaces by hand and from re-cycled paper … Our goal is to help these women maintain sustainable income for their families."




The necklaces are hand-made by women in Uganda from paper (which is tightly wound). It helps to provide a sustainable income for them and we get half of the proceeds towards our adoption. They are truly beautiful and as you can see they are long, or can be doubled for a shorter necklace, or can be worn as a bracelet (thank you to Brian for being my model). Please consider purchasing for yourself and anyone as a wonderful gift. They are $20 each, and if you would like me to ship it to you, it would be $25 (plus 1.20 tax). You may use the button on the side of the page that says 'Purchase Uganda Necklace" or see me in person.  I will try to carry them with me as they are all different!  Thank you for your support.

I also wanted to say a HUGE "Thank You" for the anonymous donation that we received today.  Whoever you are, Brian and I are grateful for you and your generosity.  Thank you!

Steff

1 comment:

  1. so many things to comment about ...R2's lack of curls....so very cute anyway. I noticed you didn't list the many ways these necklaces can be worn....I think we came up with at least 10 ways, didn't we? They are so pretty and certainly supports 2 good causes. I can understand why they sell so quickly! Keep us updated ...

    ReplyDelete