Family Picture

Family Picture

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Take time to see the monkey

As I was getting R(2) dressed today, he starts screaming "MONKEY" and making the "OH WHO OH WHO" monkey sounds.  I was in a hurry and was ignoring him, trying to get dressed and out the door as quickly as possible.  As I continued to ignore him, he screamed louder.  Finally, I listened.  He was showing me the monkey on his diaper that I had seen a million times but not paid much attention to.  The monkey made him happy and he wanted me to see it and play the monkey sounds too. 

It struck me that if we are too busy to see the 'monkeys' in our life, then we are too busy.  I was too busy this morning, but R(2) has no concerns, no issues, all he wanted to do was act like a monkey for 5 seconds. 

Life is CRAZY busy right now, but I should still take time to see the monkey. 

And to be honest, five seconds in ANY situation is not too long to act like a monkey :)

Steff

No comments:

Post a Comment