Family Picture

Family Picture

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Snow, glorious snow, Zingo and the food revolution!

We were hit hard with a huge snow storm that enabled us to have some good quality time.  It has enabled Brian to miss three days of work and me to miss one.  But, remember my previous post?  I promised not to grumble.  However, I was thrown a curve ball.  I tried to go to work on Thursday and seeing how bad the roads were, I turned around.  I got stuck  on our road(and for those that know our road, I'm sure you aren't surprised).  I had to take a long way home and do some serious praying to get home.  I did, finally, make it home and was very shaken.  I'm back to not liking snow very much! 

Before moving onto the next topic, I thought I'd insert a pic of Brian playing Zingo with all the boys(including R(2) who repeats "tish, tish, tish" (fish) over and over.  There's a fish piece.  A picture like this makes me want to have many kids with this man.  He adores his kids and is a great Dad!



Anyway, on to a slightly less mushy topic(It is the season for L-O-V-E afterall). 

Ever since C's issue with food and food dyes, I've been really interested in food.  What goes into a food, where does that come from, what do those ingredients do to our earth?  Questions, Questions and more Questions.  The answers are intriguing.  I also want to know when, at what point in our history, did someone decide that cheese had to be yellow?  What is SO wrong with white cheese?

That's another topic for another blog post. 

I am reader of another blog and she takes pictures of her son's lunch that she makes.  The lunches are full of great, interesting foods.  It has inspired me.  I am on a mission to get my kids to branch out and eat some other things besides bananas, grapes, peanut butter and jelly, peas, chicken nuggets, french fries. mac and cheese and pizza.  I'm sure I'm forgetting something else they eat, but it's not much.  And it drives me crazy.

So, I took a picture(taking after my brother) of the lunch I made them.  They have eaten the Ziti before and usually gag it down, but I put an omnious pepper on their plate.  I should have taken a picture of their faces. 



I am on a mission and it's just beginning.  Just wait and see what I have up my sleeve! 

Two summers ago we joined this CSA and got great locally grown fruits and vegetables.  I think we are going to join again as this new adventure gets underway.  Click here to find a local CSA.

And the sad thing is...I am such a picky eater and I severly dislike that about myself.  Maybe I can't change their pickyness, but I can try.

Here's a cute picture of R(2) wearing his Steelers for the big game next week.  Notice the orange dolphin on his arm.  Yes, he still has his beautiful curls. 


I hope everyone has a great week! 

Steff

1 comment:

  1. I am all for new foods to try...good luck...I know they also eat fruiti fruities and cheesesticks....as for you, go ahead and branch out a bit..try GREEN grapes..see what you think. I agree Bri is a wonderful Dad but let's not forget you are a wonderful Mama too. Keep the updates coming...

    ReplyDelete